What happens during my infant’s session?
- Your child will sit on your lap or age-appropriate chair in a quiet room with one of our study helpers
- The helper will engage your child in age-appropriate play
- Your child’s responses to different sounds will be recorded by researchers observing through a window from outside the booth
- CI Users: Your infant will wear one or two of their speech processors using their default programs for testing
What is our commitment?
- We test infants up to 10 visits over a 2-5 month period
- Typically, we see your child for 4 visits at 3- and 6- months HEARING age
- Each visit lasts about an hour
- Scheduling is flexible!
- We will schedule visits whenever is convenient for you
- Testing is possible on the evenings/weekends depending on lab availability
What about costs?
- There are no costs to you and no insurance billing
- Reimbursement includes $15.00 per hour as well as parking
- Reimbursement for travel expenses and local lodging may be available for some participants.
- Please visit our out of area tab or inquire with study personnel